Do You Have Questions?
This project deals with HIV/AIDS. We cannot answer ANY questions that are not related to using our materials, or to HIV/AIDS. We do not have the staff to respond to all the questions we receive. Please read the following paragraphs! We cannot answer all your questions.
Questions We Cannot Answer:
- We cannot tell you what your lab results mean
- We cannot provide more information on the topics covered in our fact sheets.
- We cannot do an Internet search on any topic.
- We do not sell any medications or supplements and cannot advise you where to obtain them.
The AIDS InfoNet cannot provide personal medical diagnosis or treatment advice. Please discuss your questions with your own doctor or other health care provider.
Questions We Can Answer:
We are happy to respond to your inquiries in the following areas:
- Problems loading, downloading, printing, or reading pages on this web site
- Questions related to HIV/AIDS and the topics of our fact sheets
- Comments or questions about information included in our fact sheets
- Suggestions for new fact sheet topics
- Requests to receive e-mail notification of monthly updates to the InfoNet web site
- Requests to add a web site to our page of Bookmarks
To submit these types of questions, please use this link: E-mail the InfoNet Editorial Assistant
We do not recommend the Internet sites listed below but offer the links for you to evaluate and consider using:
General Health Information
- MEDLINEplus at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
- The Merck Manual Home Edition at http://www.merckhomeedition.com
- New York Online Access to Health (NOAH) at http://www.noah-health.org/
- Healthopedia at http://www.healthopedia.com/
- Drugs Index from WholeHealthMD at http://www.wholehealthmd.com, choose "Reference Library", then "Drugs"
- RxList Drug Information at http://www.rxlist.com/drugs/alpha_a.htm
Internet Search Engines
See the listing of web sites in Section 22: Search Tools at http://www.aidsinfonet.org/fact_sheets/view/920#22
You may want to visit a web site that offers an "Ask-the-Expert" feature. Web sites with "Ask the Expert" medical advice:
1. AEGIS (AIDS-specific web site) at http://www.aegis.org/askdoc/
2. The Body (AIDS-specific web site) at http://www.thebody.com/experts.shtml
3. HIV i-Base (AIDS-specific information resource) at http://www.i-base.info/questions/index.html
4. MDAdvice.com at http://www.mdadvice.com/ask/ask.htm
5. Project Inform email consultation http://www.projectinform.org/questions/
Project Inform, an HIV/AIDS treatment information and advocacy organization in San Francisco, offers a telephone hotline in English and Spanish.
National HIV/AIDS Treatment Hotline:
800-822-7422 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 800-822-7422 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (toll-free) or
415-558-9051 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 415-558-9051 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (San Francisco Bay Area/international)
Monday–Friday, 10am–4pm (Pacific Time)
The AIDS InfoNet is a project of the International Association of Providers of
Partially funded by the National Library of Medicine
Page Revised December 8, 2015.